We have all been subjected to waking hypnosis which occurs in many different situations. A suggestion is accepted into the subconscious mind while a person is in a waking state. To be subjected to waking hypnosis, three factors have to be present:
- A person has to have a focus
- The credibility of an authority
An example of waking hypnosis:
- You went to see your doctor for one reason or another (focus).
- The doctor tells you some very detrimental information that is vital to
your survival (the doctor is an authority).
- You get very alarmed by the information that the doctor tells you
and you decide to take action (being alarmed is the emotion).
In this example, you were subjected to waking hypnosis. There are many examples that can be taken from our daily lives and, in this way, every hypnosis is self-hypnosis.